Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Futbol

Last night, I went to my first Barcelona futbol (soccer) game.  They were playing Osasuna and won 2-0.

Walking  to the stadium reminded me a little bit of Penn State because there was a huge mass of people walking in the same direction (the stadium here holds about 90,000 compared to Penn State's 108,000 which is a lot of people either way).  Except that 1) here you have to look out for pickpockets and 2) it wasn't a sea of blue and white clothed people.

Futbol is a huge thing here.  My host parents watch every game and they cheer very loudly for Barca.  They have Barca plates, bowls, and a water pitcher (this is just that I know of).  So it's a big deal. 

I'd never been to a professional soccer game before so it was a cool experience.  I'm not really good at watching sports, besides tennis, so I really just wound up watching people.  Still very interesting.

Walking to the stadium (L-R, my friend Katrina, me, Sarah)




1 comment: