Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

T minus 15

I am about to go on my second major life adventure: I am going to Barcelona for a semester!  (My first major life adventure, by the way, was starting college.  I'd say this one is definitely bigger... and hopefully it'll be less stressful.)


I'll be studying abroad from starting in early January through the end of April.  I'm going with my friend Sarah and we'll be staying in a homestay.  Since I haven't taken Spanish at all in college, I'm relying entirely on three years of high school Spanish (which was a long time ago) and hand gestures (these seem to run in my family so I'm in genetic luck).  I figure this will make my time in Spain pretty adventurous and humorous-- or frustrating, whichever way you want to look at it.  I am planning on humorous.


I got rid of my facebook a while ago and really doubt that I'll want to spend much time in Spain emailing so I'll be updating my blog instead.  (Family: you can pretend that I'm emailing you.  Become a follower of this blog and an email of my posts will be sent to you whenever I put one up.)


I leave in two weeks.  The countdown is on!



P.S.- Any packing suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the blog so far...it's cracking me up! I think I deserve a shout out!!

    ReplyDelete