Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PJFS

After Christmas, the stores here start having huge sales until they sell all their winter inventory.  These sales, apparently, last into February.  They start at 10 or 15% off and are at about 75% off right now (three euro shirts! and nine euro jeans!).  Because of these sales, Sarah decided that now would be a good time for her to find a jacket (either leather or a leather-look).  Obviously I tagged along on this search for the Perfect Jacket from Spain (PJFS).

We spent two hours yesterday looking for this jacket.  We spent most of our time in Bershka which is this kind of cheap store with really cute clothes along the lines of Zara (it's owned by the same people).  However, Sarah did not find the PJFS.  (I did quite well... one bright red jacket which is perfect for wearing right now and was 65% off!-- about $23, a very springy khaki jacket, a dress, and a shirt.) 

To console Sarah because we couldn't find The Jacket, we set out on another search: chocolate con churros (xocolate amb xurros in Catalan).  We visited four stores, asking in each one whether or not they had them.  No place did.  Just as we were about to give up on this search, we found a place and got our churros.  They were pretty good but not something I'd want to eat every day.  The hot chocolate here is delicious-- it's like hot chocolate pudding.  Churros are basically fried ropes of dough. (See photo to right.)  This snack was also our reward for attending a pretty boring class which lasts until 7 pm.

So today we decided to continue the search for the PJFS.  We had our lunch from La Boqueria outside in this lovely little plaza.  Then we went to some shops.  Again, Sarah could not find the jacket and I found clothes.  We will resume our search but I will not be bringing any cash or my debit card with me this time. 

1 comment:

  1. I miss you both ooo soooo much!!!! I love reading this, it gives me sumthin to look forward to. I hope you guys are learning a lott. Study your Spanish hard, so you can teach mee =P

    oo and I hope u find your perfect jacket Sarah =)

    ReplyDelete