Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Monday, April 19, 2010

My Kind of Day

Today, I took a "me" day.  When I was in school (aka pre-k through 12th grade), I would sometimes take "mental health days" where I would stay home for no reason other than that I needed a break from school and I would read or watch movie or go on excursions with my mom.  (Clearly, I was a sensitive kid, taking mental health days when I was four.)

Today's "me" day-- title updated from the mental health day-- did not involve missing any classes.  It was a beautiful day-- sunny and about 70 degrees though a bit windy.  I had a two hour break between my morning and afternoon classes so I took that time to sit in Plaza Real, read (The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver) and eat lunch, get chocolate and blackberry gelato (unfortunately this was not nearly as delicious as it sounds), and to wander around an old part of the city for a while. 
Where I ate lunch.

So as I was walking around the city, I kept on saying in my head "I really, really love it here!" and I really do.  This has been a perfect place to spend four months of my life and I have fully enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I had to return to school for a class in the afternoon.  While sitting in a class which had the potential to be interesting, I decided that I would do yoga once I returned to my apartment.  As I was sitting on the bus, I saw that the sky was getting very dark.  And I started to get excited because a thunderstorm makes almost every day exponentially better.

I got into my room, opened the sliding glass door, put on some yoga-esque clothes, pushed my bed aside, rolled up the rug (kidding about that one), put on some Bob Marley, and did some yoga.  This was absolutely splendid!  Best of all, as I was doing my yoga, the cloud darkened even more and crash-boom-BAM!  Thunderstorm!  

Oh yeah!  I also had my Spanish presentation today.  The Bruce photo previously posted here went over VERY well and my teacher was very impressed that I loved Bruce.  Just about everyone here loves The Boss.  It's almost like being in New Jersey!


2 comments:

  1. You just compared Spain to Jersey... that is VERY far fetched, haha... Tell other Sarah I said - get it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the conclusion we can draw from this is: Bruce is amazing everywhere! haha

    ReplyDelete