Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You've Got to be Livin'!

As I mentioned in my last entry, I have taken up yoga once more.  Now, kids, this isn't your grandma's yoga!  Truth be told, if a proper yogi saw me doing yoga, they would probably be horrified beyond belief but it's fun... yoga, Sarah-style.

Here's what happens: I put on some kickin tunes (Bob Marley, Michael Franti, Dispatch) and do some sun salutations.  These are pretty routine... what I've done in yoga classes.  Except that there is a mirror hung right where I am facing so, since I have great difficulties being serious, when I catch my eye in the mirror, I wink and do a little dance.  Well.  I am not a good dancer so this makes me laugh so I am doing Warrior II and cracking up.  I know that I am missing the mind-body-spirit connection here but laughter is good for the soul and I'm convinced that you can Laugh Your Way to a Six Pack™  (title of the fitness book I'll be releasing in September, 2010; titled Reir a una Tableta de Chocolate for Spanish-speaking countries. Coming soon to a bookstore near you).  This continues throughout my yoga session.

I have found some kindred spirits though!!  Except, sadly, they apparently do not listen to music whilst doing laughing yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment