Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Americana in disguise

Sitting at lunch today, a guy about my age came up to me and Sarah.  He said "hello" very hesitantly so I could tell that he wasn't completely sure whether or not we were English or Spanish speakers.  I was so pleased that he thought that I was possibly Spanish that I attempted to say the absolute minimum so that he would continue to believe that I was Spanish. 

"Hello."
"Hola."
"Photo?" holding out his camera.
"Si." taking the camera.  I took the picture and then.
"Gracias."
"Si!"  Okay this was probably a bit more like a grunt.  I really wanted him to keep thinking that maybe I speak Spanish.  How pathetic!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha you would!! =P that was a good story! lol

    ReplyDelete