Hey there! This is the story of a girl (me) living (and studying) in Barcelona from January until April, 2010. I may have a tendency to become a bit professorial in these blog entries but you can always skip to the pictures. Anyway... welcome!!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Estoy en Espana!

After traveling for EVER (four hour delay with my flight from London to Barcelona on top of the idiotic almost five hour layover I scheduled for us... overly cautious to say the least), I am in Barcelona!  I do not have a real grasp for the neighborhood except that there is an H&M around the corner (trouble) and a gym across the street (good news) and a pool on the rooftop of the building!!! (excellent news for April). 

We got into the Barcelona airport after the people from our program were supposed to have left so we were kind of panicked, as was another girl we met on our flight.  But the people were still there and there was even a cell phone company in the room.  I know I probably got ripped off buying a phone there but I feel better now that I have one.

Our host family is so nice.  I think.  I don't really know because I understood about half of what they said.... but that half was nice! 

They have a cat and there is another exchange student living here who has been here since September.  She's home now for vacation but will be back tomorrow.  I ate chicken soup and chicken for dinner.  Real servings of each!  And then my host-father got me all set up with internet and everything. 

I am probably pretty incoherent right now.  I got a lot of sleep on the plane but it was that weird jerky sleep where you wake up with your head violently lurching forward and then feel sick because of jet lag.  I think I am going to go to bed now... (it's ten thirty here, by the way, not four in the afternoon).

2 comments:

  1. trying to post comments. it is 5:49AM here and on my way to yoga

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I think I understand how this blog works!!!LOL
    Have a great day!!! Love, Uncle Cliff

    ReplyDelete